Hop over to Coker College for the Community Easter Eggstrav
On Saturday, March 17, 10 a.m., the City of Hartsville and Coker College will host the Community Easter Eggstravaganza at Coker College’s Davidson Hall lawn. Featuring more than 12,000 eggs stuffed with candy and toys, Hartsville youth ages 12 and under are invited to participate in three separate egg hunts at different times divided by age group. The first round will be for children ages 4 and under, beginning at 10:30 a.m. The second round will feature more challenging hiding spots for children ages 5 to 8, starting at 11 a.m. The third and last round will be for children ages 9 and up, starting at 11:30 a.m. Children are asked to bring their own baskets, but a limited number of collection bags for eggs will be available at the event for those in need.
Families can also enjoy food vendors, music, story time by Burry Bookstore, face painting, and other kid-friendly activities from Girls University and other community participants. Photo opportunities will be available with special appearances by Coker College’s Striker the Cobra and the Easter Bunny.
“We are delighted to once again host the Eggstravaganza on our campus,” says Coker College President, Dr. Wyatt, “We are thankful for our relationship with the City of Hartsville and hope everyone will turn out to enjoy a fun day at Coker.”
Please note the following tips to help make this free community event enjoyable for all:
• Parking is available in all City and Coker College public parking lots.
• For a campus map of Coker College, visit coker. edu/campus-map.
• Please allow time for parking and getting to the appropriate lawn for the egg hunt.
• Egg hunts are divided into three age groups: under the age of 4, ages 5 to 8 and ages 9 to 12.
• Pushing, shoving, or knocking down of participants will not be tolerated. Any instances will result in immediate removal of the egg hunt.
• Parents or guardians should supervise their children at all times during the event.
In the event of rain, the event location will move to the Coach T.B. Thomas Center located at 701 W. Washington St.
For more information, call 843-917-0602 or email Jordan.braddock@hartsvillesc. gov. Follow event updates on Facebook at Visit Hartsville, SC.